By Cassie Jeppson
As the dust settles on our new year’s resolutions, it’s time to really think about the possibilities we have for 2020 and carve out some real attainable goals. For each of us, 2019 was full of new adventures, great challenges and lots of success. It was no different for ACW! We had an awesome year accomplishing great things and setting new records.
- We hosted our largest ACWConnect Live! events ever — 374 in Vegas and 218 in Washington, D.C.
- We graduated our second ACE class, bringing our total to 100 ACW ACE graduates
- We launched an Advocacy Committee to begin focusing on issues that are important to our members
- We onboarded 164 new members
- We hosted our first international event, ACWConnect Live! London to help our sisters across the pond set up their own networking group
With accomplishments like these, it’s difficult to outdo ourselves in 2020, but we’ll certainly give it a shot!
Best practices for goal setting and how to execute are coming at us from all angles — LinkedIn, Facebook, corporate wellness and our mothers. It’s hard to know which process is right for you to do your best goal setting and actioning.
The ACW board has listened to each of the committees, looked at the data and prioritized based on one key question: What is the intent of each goal?
Our top 3 goals for 2020 are aligned with our mission to advance careers and leadership roles for women at the highest levels in the technology channel by providing education, community, advocacy and opportunities for personal growth.
- Grow membership by 30 percent to increase the influence of ACW, empowering even more channel women and expanding support for our member community.
- Introduce our updated Mentorship Circles program to 14 members to empower more women to grow into leadership roles.
- Improve our website, so it’s easier for you to interact with ACW.
Accomplishing these three goals will bring networking, education and empowerment to an already strong member community. We need your help to keep these 2020 New Year’s resolutions. So, if you haven’t already done so, please join one of our committees and lend your time and talents to making this year at ACW the best ever.
About the Author
Cassie Jeppson is currently the Director of North America Channel Programs at Lenovo and the Vice President of the Alliance of Channel Women. Jeppson has served on the board, volunteered as Secretary and been a member of the Tech Committee for the Alliance of Channel Women since the beginning of 2019. Before her role at Lenovo, Jeppson held positions at Office Depot as Director of Retail Training Enablement and Director of Tech Services Sales Enablement. Jeppson has five years of experience in the Channel, starting as Channel Marketing Manager for the Citrix Team at MarketStar, working her way up at the company to Manager of the Territory Partner Account Management Team for the Citrix Team. She then moved to Citrix, where she worked as WW Channel Enablement Manager, before moving to Office Depot and following that to her current position at Lenovo.