Group Adds Board Members and Committee Chairs,
Thanks Long-Time Board Members for Leadership
SANTA ANA, Calif., Jan. 30, 2017 – Women in the Channel (WiC), a not-for-profit organization focused on accelerating the growth of female channel leaders in technology through collaboration, supporting each other as women in a male-dominated industry and mentoring each other and younger women into the channel, announced changes to its leadership team, including the addition of two new board members.
Amy Bailey, Vice President of Marketing for Telarus, and Raquel Wiley, Channel Marketing Manager for TelePacific Communications, have joined the WiC board and will serve two-year terms. Both women previously served the organization in committee leadership roles. Bailey, who has been Co-chair of the Conference Call Committee has been named its Chair. Wiley, who has been Chair of the Events Planning Committee for the past year, will retain that role in 2017.
“We are thrilled to welcome Amy and Raquel to the WiC board. Both have shown outstanding leadership and passion for WiC’s mission and vision. We know they will be integral to helping our organization grow to the next level,” said WiC President Hilary Gadda, Director – Telepartner Channel at TelePacific Communications.
These two channel veterans will fill seats vacated by the following long-time board members:
- WiC Founder and Past President Nancy Ridge, Executive Vice President of Telecom Brokers. Ridge will remain active in WiC as Co-Chair of WiC’s Outreach Committee and a member of the Technology, Newsletter and Events Planning committees.
- Bita Milanian, Senior Vice President at GENBAND, who most recently served WiC as Chair of the Finance Committee and previously Chair of the Social Media & PR Committee.
- Nicole Hayward, Chief Marketing Officer for OnSIP and Chair of the Technology Committee.
“We are so grateful to Nancy, Bita and Nicole for their many years of leadership. Without their guidance, creative solutions and tireless work, WiC would not be where it is today – with incredible momentum and a bright future advancing women in technology careers,” said Gadda.
WiC stands by the principle of rotating leadership not only to bring new thought leaders to the group but to provide leadership opportunities to as many members as possible.
To that end, WiC has several operating committees that have new leadership in 2017.
- WiC Board Member Stacy Conrad, Vice President of Channel Sales for Fusion, has taken on the role of Chair for a newly formed Local Chapter Committee, which will recommend guidelines for local chapters of WIC. Previously, she was Chair for the Conference Call Committee.
- WiC Board Member Rebecca Rosen, Field Channel Marketing for ShoreTel, is now Chair of the Finance Committee as well as Chair of the Sponsorship Committee along with Co-Chair Bana Qashu, Senior Channel Manager for AVANT.
- Kristi Lakich, National Channel Manager for Mitel, was promoted from Co-Chair to Chair of the Mentoring Committee. She succeeds Julie Dzubay, Vice President of Sales Operations for WTG, who will remain on the committee as Past Chair. Sonya Meline, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Effortless Office is the new Co-Chair of the Mentoring Committee.
“We commend Stacy and Rebecca – both vocal WiC advocates — for taking on new leadership roles in WiC so that we can continue our forward march toward greater organization and outreach,” said Gadda. “And, we formally thank Julie for her leadership on the Mentoring Committee, including managing the A-Team, which helps our new members get the most out of WiC Membership, as well as creating a seamless succession plan for other passionate WiC members like Kristi and Sonya to lead.”
Continuing WiC Board Members and Committee Chairs include:
- WiC President Hilary Gadda will remain Co-Chair of the Outreach Committee along with Nancy Ridge
- WiC Board Member Khali Henderson, Senior Partner at BuzzTheory Strategies, remains Chair of the Social Media & PR Committee and a member of the Events Planning and Newsletter committees.
- WiC Board Member Helene Kidary, Vice President of Channel for OnSIP, is Chair of the WiC Membership Committee with Co-Chair Laura Bella, Channel Sales Manager for NetCarrier.
“WiC is thankful for the women who have stepped up to be leaders in our grassroots organization. They, along with the generous help of more than 70 volunteers, continue to make the dreams of WiC’s founders a reality,” said Gadda. “Our efforts are by no means completed, but by the strength and commitment of these amazing women, we will move closer to achieving gender balance in tech leadership.”
For information about WiC membership or committees, visit WiC online at www.womeninthechannel.com
About Women in the Channel (WiC)
Established in 2010, Women in the Channel is a grassroots organization made up of women who are in leadership, ownership and revenue generating roles in the alternate sales channel sector of the telecommunications industry. Month after month, these women are responsible for generating sales for their companies and creating wealth for their families. WiC members are wives and mothers and sisters, and a high percentage of us are the main breadwinners in our families. WiC brings together this group because in an industry that is growing, expanding and changing the number of women at such levels is not matching that growth. To learn more and to become a member, please visit www.womeninthechannel.com
Follow Women in the Channel: