Alliance of Channel Women is fortunate to have the support of many enterprising organizations that care about promoting women in the workplace and in leadership positions in the technology industry. We rely on these companies for their moral and financial support, so that we can bring educational, networking, mentoring and advocacy programs to ACW members.
It’s our pleasure to highlight one of our supporters in this special edition of the Sponsor Spotlight that’s focused on leadership during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Telarus, the largest privately-held technology services distributor (master agent) in the United States, is a longtime supporter of ACW and a Diamond Sponsor in 2020. The company’s leadership and employees are very active in the organization. In addition to financial contributions, many volunteer regularly and have served in leadership positions for the organization. In fact, Amy Bailey, Vice President of Marketing for Telarus, is ACW’s current president.
ACW asked the Telarus team to tell us how they are supporting employees and partners during the pandemic. We thank them for their support and leadership during this challenging time.
What is Telarus doing during the “WFH” culture?
Telarus is committed to keeping our employees safe – and sane – during this unprecedented time. Here are some things we have instituted:
- All employees are working from home and can continue to do so until they are comfortable coming back to work.
- Our HR department has added some resources where we can call and talk to someone who will just listen or will refer us to other necessary services.
- We have a pantry of “essential supplies” in our Utah office. When TP, baby wipes, peanut butter, and baby formula were in short supply, our employees came through for each other. Employees are encouraged to take what they need – no strings attached.
- We have designated regional team leaders who have created groups where we can commiserate about our local situation and have local support.
- To keep our employees sane, we are playing games – we have groups playing JackboxTV, trivia games, scrabble, etc. to help employees feel connected.
- We have an employee loan program so if one of our employees has a spouse who has lost work, we can help bridge that gap.
Telarus is known for their Summits and knowing we are sheltering in place, what current virtual summits do you all have that partners can be part of?
Telarus is full steam ahead for our famous Partner Summit in Nashville in August. But, many events from March until then have been canceled or postponed.
We know partners are even hungrier for education while in quarantine, so we created the Telarus Race to the Summit. This is a fun way for partner and suppliers to engage with us, get great training and win great prizes. This game is similar to the TV show, The Amazing Race. Partners complete tasks and earn badges. And we went big – the grand prize winner can choose from a three-year lease on a Tesla or $25,000.
Just like the TV show, we have seasons; season 1 runs May 11 – August 12. We’ll announce the grand prize winner on stage at lunch on Wednesday, August 12 in Nashville during Telarus Partner Summit. Then we will run Season 2 from August 12 – December 2 with another grand prize winner announced December 2.
Interested in Becoming an ACW Sponsor? Check Out ACW’s Sponsor Opportunities